Sam Liebman: Founder, CEO, and Best-selling Author of: “Harvard Can’t Teach What You Learn from the Streets: The Street Success Guide to Building Wealth through Multi-Family Real Estate”
[01:37] Sam shares details about his book “Harvard Can’t Teach What You Learn from the Streets: The Street Success Guide to Building Wealth through Multi-Family Real Estate”
- Sam applied street smarts to Real Estate Investing
- His passion is to teach people how to build lasting wealth with real estate
- Nobody is stressing the fundamental concepts that you need to build upon to build lasting wealth
[04:03] There is no get-rich-quick in real estate
- “They don’t teach you how the car works, they teach you how to sell the car”
[05:58] Sam’s thoughts on the under-representation of women in real estate
- There’s no reason why women shouldn’t be in real estate
- Men had a big head-start with real estate but women are now getting over the “fear factor” of real estate investing
[09:41] Sam shares his backstory 30+ years ago
- Graduated from Brooklyn College and a teacher changed his whole academic life and became a CPA working for different firms
- In 1982, a well-known attorney Bob Lee wanted to start a development company, and Sam joined him. For 3 and a half years, Sam got exposed to the real estate industry and became the right-hand man.
- Sam eventually joined a partner and built an accounting firm representing real estate developers.
- From 1992 – 1999, they bought 30-40 buildings in Manhattan
[17:17] Sam’s thoughts on the Multi-Family residential market
- There is a tremendous shortage of rental apartments due to rising costs, pandemic, inflation, taxes, etc
- Universal rent control could be devastating in the market
- Politicians don’t understand the ramification of their policies
- You can’t get people to work anymore
[23:53] Is there an opportunity in today’s market?
- You have to buy real estate when nobody wants to.
- Real estate is a game of hide and seek
- There are so many variables in today’s market
[33:18] Sam’s giving back through his real estate courses, books, etc
- You don’t need to be the richest man in the cemetery, but be the person who did amazing things
Connect with Sam Liebman
Connect with Atara Twersky!
About Atara Twersky
Atara Twersky, is a real estate owner, sponsor and syndicator. She is principal and founder at Ascendo Capital LLC. Atara is also an attorney in NYC and the bestselling author of the children’s book series, Curlee Girlee, inspired by her own young curly haired daughter Atara is the host of a popular Real Estate podcast to help women understand their Real Estate Investments options so they can be informed investors. For more information on Real Estate investment listen to Atara’s podcast Bridging the Gap: Real Estate for Women.